1.30.2008

Google Reader!

It's been awhile since I've blog about something I like rather than something I've done... So without further ado...

Google Reader!

Taking a tip from a technological genius (The incomparable Tom Schutta) I recently checked out Google reader... I mean, I already used Gmail (which everyone should... You do use Gmail, right...? Right? What's that? You use Hotmail? Oh yeah... I remember Hotmail... I also remember wearing flannel shirts and being full of teenage angst...) and Picasa (which everyone should... You do use Picasa, right? What's that? You use Shutterfly? Excuse me... *throws up in the back of his throat, then painfully swallows it back down again*) so why not see what Google has to offer in the RSS feed organizing department...


Being a person that reads several varying blogs and online comics, it was becoming a pain to check them everyday to see if there was a new entry... WELL NO MORE! Now I got all the blogs and comics I read entered in Google Reader... It lets me know when a new entry is written, and it does so just like my Gmail inbox... Bang! I can read the entry within that window, or click it into it's own tab... (You do know about tabbed browsing right...? PleasefortheloveofGodsayyes...) It's awesome and a great timesaver! It also makes sure I don't miss any updates! Which is sweet!

So do yourself a favor and check it out! If you already have Gmail (which you should, haven't we been over this?) it's under the "More" tab at the top of the screen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried out Google reader while subbing at the High School of No Fun Websites, and guess what?! Now I can read all my (previously-blocked) crappy celebrity gossip blogs while yelling at crappy high schoolers! Lifesaver. Now if only it worked for facebook...

Sarah said...

I suppose the Snapfish and Yahoo I use are soooooo like, out, too, right?

Willard Facts said...

Moe: Now Google Reader has another great use! Awesome! That will come in handy!

sp: I have qualms with Snapfish... Having to sign up for an account to see pictures is crazy, as is having to pay to download them... Yahoo is alright for games... But come on, let's get on the Google train! Whoo whoo!