7.16.2007

1st day on the Job!

Emma and I had our first day of ON the Job Training today... It went well!

I wore a shirt and tie NOT to a wedding for the first time in years...

My impression of what my main concern is going to be is making sure I don't run out of activities with the students... 40 minutes can be a while if you only have one student in your room who doesn't really feel like talking to you... Especially in English!

Other'n that, we luckily found a GOLDMINE of stuff to buy from a couple of NOVA teachers who are moving back to Canada... The usual stuff, shelves, sofa, dressers, wok etc... but also... A Yamaha solid top acoustic guitar! Nice! For a hundred bucks! Nice! The cheapest I saw them elsewhere was $300-350...

Anyways, we have 2 more days of training, then two days off (Thurs/Fri) then we start for real on Saturday!

Joe and Tiff are coming next Wednesday night (the 25th), so that will be very awesome!

It might be a while before we have internet at our house, so phone is out of commission until then.... Also, I do not want to begin to try and figure out how to load my photos onto this computer (not only a PC, but a Japanese PC with everything written in Japanese) so it might be a while before upload some... But trust me, we are taking them! :) Sweet pics of our sweet bikes and everything...

Later


Willard


Open Apple Q

1 comment:

Bones said...

Glad you guys are getting settled. How close are you to the site of the earthquake? I hope everything is alright where you are.

Bones