5.11.2007

Cell Phones are Ruining Our Lives: Part 1

But not in the way you might think I mean...

Sure, there is something about an obnoxiously loud cell phone enthusiast lip-smackering their inane conversation about who did or did not "Say shit to them" into the quiet solitude of a post office line that can make one loathe the entirety of the human race, that's a given...

I'm talking about the ruining of our lives in two respects: Music and Photos.

Cell Phones are ruining music. Not the music itself; that is being ruined by near-sighted record executives and Nickelback...

I'm talking about the actual sound quality of music... Or of, at least, the music that people are consuming more and more through and by cell phones...

I'm no Audiophile, and I am not railing against the mp3 format, in fact I greatly enjoy the format... What I'm focusing on is the way that people enjoy it...

I see tons of teenagers and college students using their cell phone's mp3 playing capabilities to listen to a majority of their music. Many times they buy the songs over the cell phone network or just like to listen to their ring tones over and over...

Have you ever heard music played through a cell phone or bought on a cell phone?

It literally sounds like what I imagine two bats having sex on top of a pile of continuously crumpling paper would sound like... Which, to my ears, is an unpleasant sound.

But here's the terrifying part... The purchasers greatly enjoy it.

They gladly shell out $2.99 for a horribly compressed song on their cell phones, and listen to it repeatedly as if that is what the song should sound like.

Hmm... More on this later

No comments: