5.17.2007

V8 Fusion = Brilliant!

So I recently discovered a product called V-8 Fusion...

Yes, the same V-8 that does the "Shudda'hadda V-8" commercials...

Yes, the terrible tasting tomato-with-splash-of-carrot juice...

But! They finally got it right... I think they realized something about most people, and that is people do not like the taste of tomato and carrot juice. This seems like a fairly easy conclusion to come to, but alas, it's taken the V-8 people (The Campbell's people?) a while to realize that... Emails must have circulated many a day at the Campbell's corporate offices with Re:re:re:RE: Tomato Juice Gross?? in the subject line...

Until my recent discovery, I passed the V-8 shelf at the grocery store without a second thought, much like all of us who aren't either a) Making Bloody Marys all the time, or b) 80 years old... Having worked at a grocery store for many of my formative years, I can honestly say the large cans of V-8 on the shelf went untouched many a day...

But to my surprise, and to my delight, the V-8 Fusion is delicious! What is even more amazing is that it not only contains fruit juice, but vegetable juice as well...

And here's the best part, a single glass has a serving of fruit and vegetables in it...

What's that? I can drink delicious, fruity tasting vegetables? Why yes, yes I think I will do that...

Why? Because if a tomato can taste like an orange it should.

Good stuff...

No comments: